Scholars Institute Fellows must:
- Upon registration, attend at least 75% of their weekly mentorship group meetings which are facilitated by Head or Graduate Fellow student leaders who are employed through our office.
- Obtain "HALP" each semester that they are in SIFP by attending workshops hosted through our office. These workshops are structured around topics like “Choosing a Major;” “Applying to Summer Internships;” “How to Precept;” “Best Study Strategies for Midterms/Finals;” discussion groups on health professions, etc.
- HALP stands for Health and Wellness; Academic Skill-Building; Life Skills; and Professional Development. Each SIFP workshop fulfills one of the HALP letters, which will be indicated on the SIFP digest that is sent out weekly to students
- Complete a Fellows Reflection after attending each event through the google form provided through the mentor collective online platform
- Engage in 1:1 mentorship with designated program mentors, including Dean Khristina Gonzalez and PAI staff, Residential College staff, and Faculty and Staff Fellows.
- With the support of the program, find and participate in a summer enrichment experience in summer 2020 (for instance, a summer seminar, internship, or work/study abroad experience) and write a short reflection about the experience.
- Provide mentorship to future generations of SIFP Fellows.
In order to remain in good standing with SIFP each semester, students must find HALP by going to at least 4 SIFP workshops that fulfill one of each of the letters in HALP and they must attend at least 75% of their mentorship or accountability group meetings in a semester.